Every day I wake up I still feel the swaying back and forth. Wondering what new adventure awaits, I soon realize I’m not on the ship anymore. It’s been 9 days, 2hrs, and 14minutes since we disembarked the MSC POESIA and just like the LOST survivors of Flight 815, I feel the need to return back to the ship. No seriously.
Called “the craziest thing to happen in EDM period” by Skrillex, I have to agree. The idea to get 3000 people on a RAVE BOAT going to a private island in the Bahamas blasting dubstep, hard electro and house music by some of the worlds most talented artists, dj’s and producers wasn’t the worst idea in the world.
I had a feeling when they first announced this as “HARD Cruise” it was going to be awesome, but the fact that I still think about it every day and secretly try to rage like I’m back on RAVE BOAT like every night is a bit troubling. I even notice my dj sets are a little more intense these days.
- Pre Party with Major Lazer, Dillon Francis, CRAZE, and that dude from the Blackberry Commercial was INSANE. CRAZE KILLED IT. First time I’ve seen him dj. All moombahton & dubstep, seriously amazing. Coolest dude in the world too.
- DAY ONE. Explored the ship. 14 stories, tennis courts, a million different lounges, bars, clubs, an auditorium, and a bunch of people excited to be on RAVE BOAT. Got to reconnect with Skrillex. One of the coolest and most down to earth dudes ever. Can’t believe it was just a year ago we dj’d together at Cinespace (r.i.p.). Not only does he deserve all the success in the world, but he handles it better than anyone I’ve ever seen. Major props, his opening set in place of Boys Noize was bangarang.
- Opening sets by Diplo, Skrillex, & Rusko were sooo dope. Once the ship sounded it’s horns we left the port, wind blowing, thousands of people jumping up and down to lazer music, it was pretty insane. Everyone killed it.
- DAY THREE on the private island, almost missed the last boat to the island because of DAY TWO NIGHT. Managed to head over to the island, linked up with the homie A-Trak, had a great lunch and hung out on the pirate ship while Fatboy Slim was spinning.
- DAY THREE NIGHT. FOOL’S GOLD Rap Party. Probably one of my favorite parties on the ship. It was pretty much like being at a dope club in vegas or hollywood, minus airhorns, and with some of the world’s greatest dj’s. A-Trak, Craze, Catchdubs, & Brodinksi CAME CORRECT!!!
So much happened in such a small period of time, it all kinda seems like a dream. Just glad I made it back in one piece. #boatswag
I’ve been watching this on YouTube for the past 20minutes. How rad is it that The Foo Fighters did a Garage Tour?! Can you imagine having your favorite band or dj playing in your garage for all your friends?? Deadmau5, Skrillex, Diplo, A-Trak, Duck Sauce… all playing in your back yard?? O.o